NEW INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Mauritius: Mauritius – Africa Scholarship Scheme 2017
As part of a commitment to promote capacity-building at high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union.
Up to five Bachelor’s scholarships may be awarded to South Africans.
Who can apply?
- South African citizens in good health and with a strong academic record.
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus undergraduate studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2017
- Candidates with an interest in studying in Mauritius and demonstrate commitment to the development of South Africa.
- Candidates must be available to study in Mauritius from August 2017.
- All applicants must have applied for admission at an eligible Mauritian university
- All applicants must meet the minimum academic requirement for entry into a similar programme at a South African university
Fields of study for South African applicants
Bachelor’s: All available fields of study at the participating Mauritius Public Tertiary Education Institutions, except for Medicine.
What the scholarship offers
- Tuition fees and course-related costs of up to MUR100 000
- Monthly living allowance to the value of MUR8 300
Successful applicants must be prepared to cover initial settlement costs and supplement their monthly living allowance. In addition, a one-way air ticket to Mauritius must be booked and paid for by successful applicants, who can then apply for a refund upon arrival in Mauritius.
The application process is two-fold:
- Complete the DHET application form www.Internationalscholarships.dhet.gov.za and email it with all supporting documents to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za by 01 May 2017.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete the Mauritius-Africa Scholarship application form which will be sent to them, and submit a completed medical examination form (medical tests to be done at applicants own cost). Only candidates who are notified that they are shortlisted need to submit this form.
DEADLINE: 15 MAY 2017
Applications may be submitted by email and must reach the DHET by the deadline of 15 May 2017.
By email: Subject: Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Application, [Your surname] email@example.com.
If attachments exceed 3MB, they will not be received. Please contact us regarding an alternative means to submit.
Enquiries: email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications received by the DHET will be acknowledged by email within 2 working days. Please follow up if you do not receive an email acknowledgement.