Please contact us on +27 (12) 305 - 3727 / 305 - 3328 / 305 - 3304
To provide and empower learners with technical skills and to meet the demand required by identified clients
The Nuclear Skills Development (NSD) Division of Necsa is a nationally recognized training facility that is committed to:
- Equipping learners and course participants with specifically focused technical and engineering skills
- Providing customer directed training and capacity building courses that comply fully with national quality requirements and legislation in the fields of further education
- Enhancing the skill and competency base of clients to support and enhance sustainable economic growth and prosperity
In delivering our mission the NSD aims to fully adhere to the following core values :
Provide focused and relevant skills training programs and services that will add value to learner participants and are geared to client and customer satisfaction.
Design and structure training and skills programs in flexible ways which make them easily accessible and economic without compromising quality.
Ensure that all the programs, training and outcomes conforms to specified standards for this industry
Strive to obtain measurable and ongoing improvement in our learner-performance output
To establish and maintain a skills training centre that fully meets the needs of clients, the NSD will strive to build sufficient technical skills and capacity to satisfy all customer requirements.
The training courses will be designed, developed and presented according to set values. The student's demographics will satisfy Employment Equity targets.
The NSD is accredited by the following:
- The Chemical Industries Education and Training Authority (CHIETA)
- The Services Sector Educatin and Training Authority Services (SETA)
- The Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services Sector Education and Training Authority (merSETA)
- The South Africa Bureau of Standards (SABS) for ISO 9001
NSD is located on the Pelindaba Site at Necsa near the Hartbeespoort Dam.
The centres is 40 km West of Pretoria, 20 km East of Brits, Madibeng and 50 km North of Midrand \ Sandton
See map for indications to travel to NSD Necsa (Gate 3).