Necsa attended 2015 NSW launch!
National Science Week (fact sheet) 2015. Watch this space for more exciting happenings!
Necsa shared the exhibition stand of the Department of Science and Technology to showcase its products and services including career guidance!
On Saturday, 01 August 2015, the Minister of Science and Technology, Naledi Pandor launched the National Science Week at North-West University's Mafikeng Campus. The event kicked off with particular focus on LIGHT and its related technological advancements. This annual event, which runs from 01-08 August 2015, is celebrated countrywide in line with the United Nations declaration that 2015 is theInternational Year of Light (link).
This week-long event is aimed at making these areas of study appealing to learners, for them to consider Science, Engineering and Technology as their possible career options.
Day 1 Nat Science Week 2015
The first day at the NVC was very successful! The learners were amazed by the "magic" edutainment by the clever educators. Dr Motodi Maserumule welcomed them with "lightning" words of inspiration!
Day 2 of National Science Week!
Nikelwa Tengimfene Senior Manger: Stakeholder Relations welcomed the learners! Dr Gawie Nothnagel delivered a presentation on LIGHT, on such a light note, the students will NEVER forget it! Here are some of the comments written by the learners on the Feedback Questionnaire handed out at the end of the day:
- I know a lot about light and nuclear than before! If it wasn't for the career I want to pursue, I'd come work here."
- "It was a great moment to learn about Nuclear."
- "Working hard is important. I've learned a lot of things which I was never taught at School."
- "I learned that my chosen career can offer me a job at Necsa in the future. Necsa giving away good information to learners, which is good!"
- "Scientist are meant to invent and improve so the world can be a lot better, so our electricity does not run out. I'm keen in learning more on nuclear and study Chemical Engineering."
- " I have learnt about recycling and career paths, these are important in Necsa. I learnt a lot, THANK YOU very much for the opportunity."
Well done to all involved, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Day 3 of National Science Week
Day 4 and 5 of Science week!
For day four and five the NVC Educators reached out to the Fusion High and Lotus Gardens High Schools in Lotus Park. The learners really enjoyed this year's chemical shows. Follow us on Facebook! Thanks to all our dedicated educators, another successful year to guiding learners and encouraging them to take their studies serious!