NECSA SALARY NEGOTIATIONS FOR 2016/2017 FINANCIAL YEAR
Date: 27 JULY 2016
The Necsa management and the labour unions reached an agreement on the annual wage increases on the 26 July 2016, after a series of negotiations that started in May 2016. This has resulted in the agreement below, effective from 01 July 2016,
- Employees earning ≤ R 600 000 will receive 7% + R5000 once off payment
- Whilst those in the income brackets > R 600 000 , will receive 6.1%
- The outstanding 50% parity payments will be made as follows:
– 25% on 25 September 2016
– 25% on 26 April 2017
- The Parties have also agreed that the “no work no pay rule” for the 26 July 2016 shall be lifted.
- Lastly, the negotiations related to other outstanding demands (a full list of these demands is part of the settlement agreement) such as medical aids, 13th cheque, amongst others, will be entered into within three (3) months from the date of the letter.
The parties further agreed to work together in resolving other issues related to Necsa’s sustainability challenges. Necsa will always strive to be an employer of choice.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Communication & Media Liaison
South African Nuclear Energy Corporation (Necsa)
Tel: +27 12 305 4452
Fax: +27 12 305 4451
Cell: +27 83 628 0875